Junior Development Model
The Junior Development Program is back in 2016, and once again all AHC juniors are welcome (and expected) to attend, as we look to continue to evolve our junior program and offer high quality coaching.
The 2016 schedule;
U10 and U12* Monday 5.00pm-6.00pm
U14 and U16 Monday 6.15pm – 7.15pm
In 2016 the U12 age group have the option of attending either time, depending which suits their skill level. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to start time.
Junior Development Model
The AHC has designed, and is implementing, a club based junior development model that puts it at the forefront of junior coaching in Victoria.
The junior development model provides:
- Coordinated and structured skill development over multiple seasons at designated skill development training sessions for all junior players
- A higher ratio of coaches to players (typically 1:6) at each skill development training session
- Access to specialist coaches (including goal keeper coaches) for the teaching of skills
- Greater flexibility in training to mix and match skill levels, ages and genders to meet development needs of individuals
- Identification of talented players for additional ‘AHC fast track’ training
- Specific preparation for those trialing for representative teams
- Support for junior team coaches
- Better transition between juniors and seniors
- Coordinated management of training loads.
For junior players at the AHC, the implementation of this model means:
- Increased learning opportunities resulting in more efficient development
- Consistent access to advice from current senior players and highly credentialed coaches
- Fast paced, coordinated and fun training sessions
- Greater potential for inclusion in Hockey Victoria’s representative teams and the AHC’s Premier League men’s and women’s teams.
Key to the implementation of the model is the AHC’s Women’s Premier League coach Greg Drake.
Greg is heavily involved in coaching of elite hockey in Victoria. Over the past few years he has coached U18 and U21 state teams, and has been the assistant coach of the Victorian Vipers, as well as two years coaching our Premier League Men and currently coaching the Premier League Women.
Greg is a Level 2 qualified coach with 30 years of experience in hockey. He directly oversees the skill development of all of our junior players and liaises with all junior coaches in relation to team strategy development. He also provides a link between the junior and senior programs at the club.
The sole purpose of this junior development model is to support the junior players of the AHC and provide them with the highest level of training possible. However, in support of hockey in the west, junior players from other clubs are welcome to attend with no obligation to join the club (we’d prefer that you let your clubs know that you plan to attend).
Enquiries at email@example.com
Individual and small group coaching sessions are also available on a fee basis, enquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org